Thursday, December 30, 2010

Butterfly Art, Stickers, and Applique


I've always loved any type of framed/non framed Butterfly Art (real and non, paintings, sketches, fabrics, etc, etc.) When I stopped smoking, I decided I would make this one of my busy projects.  Obviously I chose not to use real butterflies so I decided to  make my own paper appliques using different layers and sizes of bristol and matte boards and paint my own butterflies.
I made each one a different size.  Some butterflies had three layers of board, some only had two.  Most of them have only one layer of board for the bottom two wings and two layers of board for the top two wings.  This gives them that three dimensional look.  Then I painted each one modeled after real butterflies.  I've done  similar projects for children's rooms with monkeys, sea creatures, and turtles.

Finished Project:
Of course, the easiest thing to do would be to buy your own pre-made butterflies but we all know I want to make my own :)


Recognition: First photo pictured here is from Butterfly-decor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...