Thursday, June 9, 2011

Meowlissa's Gazpacho Salsa Accidental Goodness



An awesome fellow Ginger and a fellow Melissa recommended her mother-in-law's Andalusian Gazpacho recipe. Not having much of a cooking prowess these days, I didn't know if I would actually rock this or not. I decided to put my own spin on it, not make it soup and here is my end result. I have to say, it put the Badass in awesome. Really.



Meowlissa's  Gazpacho Salsa

(The original recipe includes ALL juices from bottles, cans, etc. and called for 3 or 4 large cans of chopped tomatoes but I totally cheated here and only used 1 can of tomatoes, 1 Cup of v8 and about a half can of olive juice)

I large red onion, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 jar roasted red pepper pieces
1 large can chopped tomatoes (or 3 1/2 cups fresh)
1 large cucumber, diced
4 scallions
1-2 cloves garlic, diced or crushed
½ cup olive oil
½ cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp Cumin
1 T Basil
1 T Parsley
1 -2 teaspoons pepper (to taste)
2 teaspoons salt
several dashes Tabasco (to taste)
1 Cup V-8 (original or spicy)
1 cup red wine (optional)

 Add at least:
1 bottle salad olives
1 can sliced black olives
 Mix all the ingredients together, Chill for 4 hours. Will keep for a couple of weeks . Can also be frozen for later use.

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't mind some of that for my nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a million bucks. Really. I'd eat it with some fresh, crisp nachos and wash it down with dos Carta Blancas. You done bueno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't save me any? Looks deeelish! I know what I will have Clay pick up from the store on Sunday! Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...